Fukushima did a huge amount of property damage and left contaminated property that will have to be dealt with over decades, and probably longer. But, as Wikipedia points out:

"The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster has no confirmed casualties from radiation exposure, though six workers died due to various reasons, including cardiovascular disease, during the containment efforts or work to stabilize the Earthquake and Tsunami damage to the site." (my emphasis added)

IMO, the long term chance of suffering major property loss, and potential loss of life, is far greater from Hurricanes. This is because your present house is on very vulnerable property, and Hurricanes recur on a regular basis.

OTOH, while living near the nuclear plant might be scary, major nuclear plant accidents that do damage outside of the containment facility and release significant amounts of radiation are rare. In my lifetime, I can only remember 3 major problems: 1) Three Mile Island; little or no external damage, some minor radiation escaped (more fear than actual damage); 2) Chernobyl, lots of damage at the reactor, contamination of large areas, some deaths immediately, some expected long term; 3) Fukushima, similar effects as Chernobyl, but no immediate radiation deaths and long term effects of the radiation unknown (note that two of the three were outside the U.S.). A quick search indicates that about 442 nuclear power plants are presently in operation worldwide. So in the 50-60 years of using these things, there have been 2 catastrophic failures with some deaths. How much damage and deaths from Hurricanes and Typhoons has there been in the same 50-60 years? How many deaths in plane crashes? Car crashes?

It sounds like where you want to live is really a near ideal place. IMO, I would not pass on that chance due to fear of the nuclear power plant.