I was chatting with the staff at a grocery store I frequent and the subject turned to cold brew coffee. They had the store brand label CBC on the shelf and I'd always passed it by as all I wanted was whole bean arabica (always fresher if you grind your own). After the discussion on the merits of CBC I did a google search and liked what I read. I'm drinking some of the store brand as I type and it's not bad at all, better than most.

If you prefer Ice Coffee in the summer as many do, it's especially a good option. Recipe's/instructions are on the web, but essentially as the name implies, it is brewed with cold water and so has a lower acidity. As I understand the caffeine level is also decreased but I'm thinking not by much. It's brewed strong so it can be used as a concentrate (adding ice is one way to dilute it, but I just use very cold water. The store brand I bought to try out recommends 1 part CBC concentrate to 2 parts water or milk. I used 2 parts water and then added milk to taste. If you use sugar, remember to add it first with a bit of very hot water otherwise it doesn't go into solution as well.

(No brand names above so no disclaimer required)