Originally Posted By: Mark_R
Is it just me, or am I developing less tolerance for voluntary idiocy as I get older?

What burns me is the idiot who insists he or she is right.

At the time I had an older TV with mono sound and a stereo receiver and I wanted to put together a home entertainment system. I studied and work with electronics so I know what I'm doing. I go into an electronics store, looking at their products. A store employee was so certain that she is right and that I'm wrong that I wonder if an actual demonstration would change her mind.

Let me throw out this simple challenge to see how many people are smarter than this store employee: You have a DVD player, a mono TV, a stereo receiver and a pair of speakers. The video cable goes from the DVD player to the TV. The audio cables go directly from the DVD player to the stereo receiver. If the DVD is recorded in stereo, will you get mono sound or stereo sound from the stereo amplifier and speakers?

Jeanette Isabelle