TSA rules don't apply but because airlines fly all over the place, most countries have commonized their own rules to be very similar to the US.

I've travelled with ferro rods and tinder-quiks all the time in Canada and never even been questioned on them. Even if they did spot them and remove them from my gear, I have plenty more.

I pack a small 5oz. FAK and a modified DR AMK 4oz. survival kit in my day pack. I take out the sharps (usually! the last time out I had forgotten the scalpel blade and safety pins in there and they still passed). You can carry a Bic style lighter but not a refillable one. You can carry 1 book of matches. Charcoal hand warmers are out.

Pots and wood stoves shouldn't be a problem, ever. Anything with a chemical or alcohol smell though is another story. You make alcohol stoves at your destination and buy alcohol (methyl hydrate) from Canadian Tire, Peavey Mart, etc. This is summer time. You can check fire hazards maps here: Fire Map and SaskParks can tell you about any local fire restrictions. Sask Provincial Parks Occasionally they will have open fire restrictions.

For some reason, I always get selected for additional screening (supposed to be random 1 out of every 10 passengers) and opt for the pat down instead of the "i see you neked" x-ray viewer. YMMV.

Wanuskewin Heritage Park on the edge of the city is a must visit. Wanuskewin
Check out this website for dayhikes in the Saskatoon area: Sask Hiker
A local blogger put together a neat data base of hiking trails and fishing spots: Andy Goodson; His Blog

Knives shouldn't be a problem for hiking. I EDC a Sypderco Tenacious and is visible on my pants. However, you don't want to carry a camping style knife on the street. The local community is antsy about knives because the Indian gangs carry everything from switchblades to cheap machetes and have passed by-laws against such. They are already illegal but what the heck - passing a law to make them 2x illegal makes some people feel safer. There is no length limit in Canada, cops have told me several times but local by-laws are different.