PHONY SIGNAL MIRRORS RETURN AGAIN.

I wanted to "Bounce this off" of you if you will. I quite surprised to find the exact same mirrors that Doug warned about in this post:

http://www.equipped.org/phony_signal_mirrors.htm

The exact same mirrors, are currently being sold by MidwayUSA. I had been looking for the now almost rare 3X5 verson and was delighted to discover that MidwayUSA had them at a decent price. I would add that Midway has always been an upstanding company. . .Until now.

They arrived 3 days ago. In looking at them, I noticed the aiming function did not work at all. Did a little research and found Doug's posting. Sure enough, same mirror exactly.

-Foam case
-Gold "made in Taiwan" label
-Exact same language on back, "REFECTION, EMERGENCY, SIGNAL, MARK, LIGHT SOURCE"
-Exact same rivet
-Exact same cord. Most importantly, they DON't WORK!

MIDWAYUSA's REACTION HAS BEEN DISAPPOINTING TO SAY THE LEAST.

As soon as I realize what occurred, I sent an email advising them of the fake mirrors. I also reminded them that the mirrors were being sold as survival signaling mirrors, and if anyone else had purchased them, they would not function as intended and could potentially endanger anyone who tried to use them.

I have received two messages back, both kindly telling me I could return them. Neither made mention of the risk, or withdrawing the mirrors.

I could understand their sales of the mirrors and not knowing them to be fake. However, they seem totally cavalier of the danger of their product.

Most disappointed to say the least.

Wesley Horton