I'm inclined to disagree with the EQcon conditions based on strength and frequency of local temblors. Because the hazard from earthquakes varies so radically from location to location depending on soil types, proximity to faults, and building standards, you're better off looking at the Shake Damage Maps rather then recent events.

For example, the pucker factor for NW Palm Springs (W Cielo Dr area)is so high, that very few people actually live in the houses there. They're mainly tax shelter properties. The area is 10 out of 10 on the shake damage map, and vulnerable to boulders being shed from the adjacent San Jacinto mountain range. (The last time I was there, one house had their garage renovated complements of an errant 15' boulder).

On the other extreme, less then two hours drive, is the San Diego suburbs of El Cajon and Santee. They rate a 2/10 on the shake damage map, and are flatter then Kansas.

http://www.seismic.ca.gov/pub/shaking_18x23.pdf

I'm in a moderate/low shake damage area, so my e-quake preps aren't centered around getting flattened by the house itself and bug out scenarios. They're centered on not getting flattened by various pieces of tall furniture (bookshelves and tall chests), and bugging in till the pow4er gets turned back on. I have the usual evacuation and rendezvous plans as part of my general emergency kit, but they're not earthquake specific.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane