Originally Posted By: Alex
The Android demo app is ready for review in its preliminary form. Sorry had no chance to polish it well, broke my shoulder, but it should work to most of what we discussed. See the details here https://github.com/halxinate/gyronav There will be a list of files / folders there above the readme file content, just click the app-release.apk from your phone to download and install it (the rest is for developers). Your phone must be set to allow installing from unknown sources first: System Settings / Security / Unknown Sources / Check

I've played around with it, and the various "shake-rattle-and-tilt" options seems to be well thought out and work reasonably well. I think it is only a matter of time/training before this way of manipulating the map becomes natural. Must probably fine-tune the sensitivity settings a bit to suit me better, kudos for including functionality to do that.

What I miss (and think you should give priority when developing this app further):
- We've discussed the "cant override the screen lock" - problem I have on my phone. But on phones without company policy restrictions I think it will important with a well thought out, hassle-free method of locking and unlocking the screen.

- A quick way of sentering the map on your current position _*without*_ clicking the icon on the screen.

I have no idea of how that can be achieved. You seem to have made good use of the various shake-rattle-and-roll options I can think of. But there's still the power button, or the volume buttons (both the volume up and volume down may be assigned the same function).