Originally Posted By: Alex
... prior to "shaking" operations the navigator must be brought into the "operations" mode. Is the regular "Power" button is too awkward to use?

The power button should work just fine.

However, my favorite android toy must be unlocked with PIN after a certain time period. I can't change this due to company policy. However, some apps seems to have permissions or otherwise circumvent the screen lock (or whatever it's called). It's something that must be considered.

For my use, this kind of mapping application simply would not work with the "unlock with pin" screen mode. It isn't a showstopper for proof of concept testing, I'm OK with that.

app for proof of concept testing soon, however at the moment I'm working with the Google Maps API, which might be not good for a serious testing in the field, as it requires an Internet connection

Not a showstopper for me doing proof of concept testing or beta-testing. Plenty of bad weather and terrain with 3G/4G or above right where I live smile

(not sure what you mean about the shoulder though, under the armpit probably?).

Yep, device dangles under or in front of armpit, sling over oposite shoulder.

Would appreciate a post or some pics of your other sling / carrying ideas, they seem pretty promising, although I didn't catch all the details.