I have a Uberti Cattleman in .45colt too. Mine's not the fancied up El Patron model, but I love it. The trigger is fantastic, I can't imagine how good the trigger on the El Patron must be! Mine shoots to point-of-aim perfectly with 250gr RNFP bullets. I tried some 200gr once, and that was a disaster. Shot several inches low. I kept lowering and lowering the powder charge, until the thing felt like a .22short, but it still shot low. But put in the heavier bullets - perfection! These SAA clones are naturally pointing guns. You almost can't miss with one. I wouldn't jump right to "easy to pick up" on the sights. They are period authentic, which generally means "not that great". But they work. I put some orange paint on my front sight and that helped immensely. I don't shoot CAS - I imagine sight paint is forbidden there.

I have a companion Rossi M92 lever action rifle in .45colt. I love that rifle. I did my own action work on it and it really tuned up nicely. I shoot my Uberti-abandoned 200gr loads in this rifle since I can easily adjust for elevation with the tang sight. So it wasn't a total waste buying a batch of those 200gr bullets. My favorite bullets for the Uberti are Missouri Bullet "Cowboy #1" (250gr RNFP). I also like Bayou Bullet 250gr RNFP's. Powder? Everything seems to work well for me in .45colt, so I use a variety. TrailBoss, Unique, Bullseye, TiteGroup, W231. Theoretically, the case-filling TrailBoss or the position-insensitive TiteGroup should be best, but the others work just as well in my experience.

I think .45colt is my all-time favorite cartridge. Probably wouldn't be if I didn't reload, it's a little too expensive to buy commercially for my tastes. Those big cases are easy to reload for us fumble-fingered individuals. And they last forever, since it's a low pressure cartridge.