My favorite EDC light is no longer made, but an updated version of the Nitecore D10/D11 would be nice. When it was new, it had all the features that I wanted. It used a single AA batteries, had multiple output settings with a maximum output of 120L. They were well built and simple to use. If they made a new version with a higher output I would be the first in line to purchase one.

For a pocket/EDC light I would want one that runs on a single AA or CR123 battery, has a maximum output of 500L with scaleable output settings that are programmable and include strobe and signal options. Primary operation would be from a tail-cap switch. Currently, I am using an EagleTac D25C with is pretty close to what I am want but the search for the perfect EDC, for the modern version of Nitecore's D10 is still on.

For a larger flashlight, there are a couple out there right now that fit my needs. Maximum output around 1000L, will run on either CR123 disposable or 18650 rechargeable batteries. This light would also have scaleable output with signal and strobe options that are programmable. The ideal light would be able to charge the 18650 batteries in the light by USB. This light would also primarily function by use of a tail-cap switch. Nitecore's MH12 is a pretty good representative of these features missing the user programmability. A secondary LED in green (preferably) or red would be a nice addition as well.

Both of these lights need to be durable enough to survive a drop and water resistant enough to withstand rain and a drop in water up to a couple of meters in depth. At maximum output, runtime should be over an hour with much longer runtime at lower output settings. I like to have a beam with some reach, but being able to fill a room with light or illuminate a large are outside is more important to me.