Originally Posted By: haertig
Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
My primary carry pistol right now is an S&W M&P Shield.

Great choice. This is the number #1 pistol I recommend to others for concealed carry. I love shooting them. And it's the one I would buy for myself if I were replacing my current carry pistol, which I purchased long before the Shield was released, with another single-stack. Had the Shield been available at the time I purchased, the Shield would have gotten my money instead.

But now, with all that's going on in the world, I'm considering something with higher capacity than the Shield. The M&P Compact was at the top of my list, until I bought that P30, and fell in love with it. I'd have to compare the M&P Compact vs. the P30SK side-by-side before making a decision. The M&P is a compact holding 12+1 (in 9mm). The H&K is a subcompact holding 10+1. My current carry is a subcompact 7+1. The S&W compact wins in capacity, but the H&K wins in ergonomics, fit & finish. But the S&W Compact is nothing to sneeze at. It is a very nice and accurate pistol too. And a lot cheaper than the H&K. The thing about the H&K P30 ... once you put one in your hand, you just can't let it go. It immediately sucks the money right out of your wallet (and it sucks pretty hard, BTW!) The best fitting pistol (for my hand) that I've ever fired.

I originally wanted the shield but no one had them in stock at the time so I settelednon the 9c. Turns out I was happy with it as its size is plenty small enough. I have a desantis holster which has a slot for the second magazine.

I want to get a nice edc light, anyone use the Stream light that is USB chargeable, normally I prefer AA but since I carry microusb already that might work fine.