My EDC paradigm is a no EDC bag one (though, I'm always carrying the rip-stop collapsible bag on me).

At the moment I'm trying to convince myself to EDC something on the neck this year (got a neck knife, similar to Boker Magnum Lil Friend).

The rest of my EDC rethinking is about improving my current EDC system:

I have my keychain kit upgraded with nice clip-on hooks for separate item bundles http://www.ebay.com/itm/151785432830 (lightweight aluminum). These are also great with paracord, as their eyelet allows to thread through (from different sides) 2 ends tightly, melt them a bit, and have a secure, regulated paracord loop lanyard.

Also I've found nice black thick anodized rings, which are snugly fitting my belt after some squashing in the vise. That should allow my keychain kit to stay in a proper location on the belt (above the pocket's edge), be more securely attached to it, and allow smooth and easy snap/disconnect action.

Got 10 plastic pouches to organize my EDC stuff in a more flat and moisture resistant way in the pockets (see my other post on these). So far they work great.

Plan to 3D print special holders for various EDC items, which should prevent them from moving in the pockets. Plenty of them, as I have several regular outfits depending on the season and occasion.

Examples:
1. I have a shocker which perfectly fits in the internal loop of the side pocket of my ScotteVest Revolution jacket. But the loop is a bit high in the pocket, so the shocker sometimes falls down and out of the loop. The obvious solution is a side clip (like on a pen) which should keep it in place vertically.

2. Soft frame for the front pocket perspiration guard. I'm carrying the large smartphone (Note 3) in that pocket and using a thin piece of carbon fiber always staying in that pocket to keep the touchscreen dry. But edges of that screen are started tearing the inner vent mesh. The soft cornered frame on the shield should amend that and also should help self-centering the phone over it.

Some items are pending a replacement. Like the disposable rain poncho, which is usually developing holes at the creases after riding in the pocket for about a year.