I've been here nearly two years. I'm not going to find what I'm looking for in this town.

I have my doll collection. I recently added Samantha.

http://www.americangirl.com/shop/dolls/samantha

I have this forum. It's educational and I'm having fun here. When discussing something as serious as WW III, I have to add some humor to lighten the mood. You are a great group of guys and gals.

There are certain movies I love, ones that bring me to tears because I'm so happy for a character. Being happy for someone else is a great feeling. Let me give three examples:

I was so happy for Vanellope in Wreck-It Ralph. Vanellope was a homeless game sprite living in a kart-racing game. It was her dream to be a racer. At the end of the movie that sprite's dream of being a racer comes true when her avatar is added to the racing roster.

In Saving Mr. Banks, inspired by the true story of P. L. Travers, author of Mary Poppins, Travers had a tragic childhood. At the end of Saving Mr. Banks, Travers finally gets the happy ending to her tragic childhood.

In Meet the Robinsons, I'm once again in tears because I'm so happy for Lewis a twelve-year-old orphan who, at the end of the movie, finds his family. As viewers watch the movie we are lead to believe Lewis is to be adopted by the Robinsons, the coolest family this twelve-year-old inventor could ever dream of. Disney plays the shell game and gives Lewis, and the audience, an even happier ending.

Are there movies in which you are in tears because you are so happy for a character? If so, what movie is it?

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by Jeanette_Isabelle (01/11/16 02:17 PM)
Edit Reason: Edited for clarification.