Jeanette thinks about what Russ said. "Three flashlights may not be considered a problem according to your logic." She approaches the group with her cup of coffee. "Doctor, briefly you focused on my MAG-LITE PRO. May I ask why?"

"You said you bought the MAG-LITE PRO for no other reason than because Mag Instruments was discontinuing the MAG-LITE PRO." Dr. Ross answers. "Did you feel you would miss out if you did not hurry up and get the MAG-LITE PRO?"

"Yes." Jeanette answers.

"Have you been in a situation where you missed out on an opportunity because, for whatever the reason, the timing did not work out for you?"

"Yes." Jeanette answers.

"You didn't like that feeling, did you?"

"I didn't."

"You made sure you'd never miss out on an opportunity again. Did the MAG-LITE PRO satisfy your expectations?"

"Not really. It was a bit of a let down."

"Are you willing to let go of it?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Doctor, we're not talking a plastic flashlight from a dollar store that may or may not work. This is a MAG-LITE. As evident by my first MAG-LITE, the lamp will stay on even as it bounces on the concrete."

"So you place value on it?"

"Yes, of course. If you want to buy it from me at fair market value, you can have it. Or, if I know someone who really needs a flashlight, he or she can have it. I'm not tossing it away as if it were some $1 disposable flashlight." Jeanette returns to resume her conversation with Russ. "For the sake of discussion, I have two flashlights. As the doc put it, I still have my first MAG-LITE because I'm holding onto an accident that happened years ago. Therefore, a person may have an issue with as little as two flashlights so numbers really don't mean much."

Jeanette Isabelle