Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
"Chaosmagnet, minutes ago you quietly expressed that you feel you shouldn't be here. Now you state you have as many flashlights on your person as Miss Jeanette has total. Why do you feel you need three flashlights on your person?"

Chaosmagnet looks at the doctor quizzically. "I didn't say I needed any of them." He draws a short black cylinder from one pocket. "This one runs up to seven days on low and over 900 lumens on high. In addition to using it at work I train to use it with a handgun in low light shooting situations."

The short black cylinder goes back in the pocket, and out comes a keyring from a different pocket. Chaosmagnet indicates a shorter, thinner, greyish silver cylinder hanging from the keyring. "This one is a backup. Once, during a tornado, the lights went out and my daughter started to cry. Because I had a backup flashlight with me I was able to leave her with a light so she'd be less scared, while I collected her younger sister to get her to the tornado shelter."

The keyring goes back in the pocket, and from his backpack a small oblong device is withdrawn. "This is handy for finding things in my backpack, or for leaving on in a very low mode while staying in a hotel, which I do frequently for work. It wasn't that long ago that the hotel I was staying in caught fire while I was sleeping -- this light guided me to my pants, shoes and other things so that I could get out of the hotel quickly and safely."

Chaosmagnet looks at the doctor levelly. "I don't need any of these, but I have found them quite useful. I like to be equipped appropriately for adverse events."