It's like we have one mind, Mark!! LOL!

I pulled out my old rain gear last week and discovered that it's time for a new set. I've had them longer than I've had my kids (I'm guessing about 13 or 14 years) and it's still in great shape, but a couple of sizes too big for me now. With my West Coast Trail trip in mind, I'd like to invest in a new set that fits properly, and will work well in Spring in a rainforest.

Made by Viking, my current jacket/shell and rain pants are the "Tempest II" models. They are a little on the heavy side for my liking, and do take up space when packing, but other than that I have no complaints, including the price, which was reasonable as I recall. They have double stitching and heat sealing on all the seams, and they've stayed water proof all these years without any conditioning. They both have thin lining inside, which I suspect might have contributed to their longevity. The jacket has several pockets, pit zips & zipped chest vents, adjustable cuffs, a shock-corded adjustable waist, a good hood and big fleece-lined collar with velcro, snaps, reinforced shoulders/elbows & hip hem, it has zips for a zip-in-fleece and it's 3/4 length so covers my butt.

Would I buy them again? Yes, I would. But.... they don't make them anymore. frown

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA