I carry three knives with me everyday, and use them regularly. The first is my Case folding Masonic knife. Open it measures about 3 inches long. It is great for precision work. The next is a Leatherman Wave. This is also my primary service tool for most of my work. It is adequate 90% of the time for fixing electronics equipment. For the hard work, I use a Kabar folding linerlock with intl orange handle. It has an integral belt clip and the stainless is what I would call superior. It handles RG-8 and large coax very well, without rolling or chipping the edge. The blade is less than 4", which is a restriction due to the work environment. It is ergonomically correct for my hand. I have dropped it in the brush 3 times now and due to the flourescent orange handle have had no trouble in expediently locating it. This was not the case with it's predecessor. BTW, the Kabar cost me @ $7.00 new from smoky mtn knife works (yes, a plug, but still a good deal). The Wave was about $60 at Costco. The Case was a gift but probably less than $20. I have about 2 dozen various other hunting, survival and pocketknives, which I can add to my survival kit as the needs suit me. Really, though, I feel quite comfortable with what I have on me.