Personally, I wouldn't rely on some random worker announcing that a fire alarm was false. This has happened, and has cost lives, in several major structure fires. Unless the announcement comes from responding firefighters, I'd rather at least check things out for myself than not evacuate promptly, and the higher the floor I'm on or the bigger the building I'm in, the more seriously I take fire alarms.

In hotels, counting doors both ways to hotel exits and checking access to stairwells and locations of fireboxes and extinguishers is an excellent idea. Loss of visibility and orientation due to smoke, and perhaps power failure, typically happens before heat or flame would make evacuation untenable. But I habitually note exit locations wherever I go anyway.

I also pull a chair or something up next to my bed and drape my clothes with pockets still loaded with wallet, flashlight, keys, etc., ready to quickly don or at least grab on my way out. As a retired firefighter and paramedic, I can still get redressed VERY quickly!