I'm taking your very sensible advice of getting a Swiss Army Knife in Switzerland. I went to the Victorinox store, and, man oh man, do they have Swiss Army Knives! A whole floor of them! They also do custom engraving on site -- they might even assemble a custom knife for you, though I'm not sure.

First, it is true, the giant SAK (Swiss Champ) exists! If you have 422 CHF burning in your pocket, it can be yours!

Now, amongst the myriad SAKs on the wall, which one should I get?

You know what, you may think I posted this message just to gloat about my proximity to a great store, and you may even be right. But I was really a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities -- many of which really seem kind of similar to me. I already have three Leatherman tools, so I'm not sure which hole/need the SAK would fill or satisfy. So what would you do if you could buy one SAK in this store? (Yes, I know, "Just one?" Things seem to be somewhere between 50%-150% more expensive here.)

By the way, Switzerland is a lovely country. Lucky for us Americans, many people are fluent English speakers (e.g., salespeople at the Victorinox store). We really ought to learn more languages!