Just as an FYI here are a couple of lights I really love for the price. First off BatteryJunction has an incredible deal on the JETBeam BC25 SE! I have two of them and paid $60 each; they're on sale here for under $40! In fact I might pick up another one or two. I keep one by the bed and one mounted on a Beretta Storm Carbine in 9mm. It falls short of the absolute build quality of an Elzetta but mine has taken a good bit abuse and kept ticking. At the current price I don't know of anything even close to as good. The old BC25 but great but the SE is 30% brighter and just as well built. On LOW mode it's still quite bright for everyday use with great runtime. On HIGH mode it's nearly car-headlight-bright.

Next is the JETBeam BC10. Same UI in all the BC lights but this one is much smaller, around 3" long. It's well made and bright, and I carried one for two years for EDC with no problems. Again, it might fall a bit short of my Surefire E1B in absolute build quality and fit and finish but it's at least as bright, and built to take a lot of abuse.

There are some other great lights by Fenix and Olight in the same general price range but anyone shopping for a $60 light would be advised to check out those two from JETBeam.