Jeanette - I doubt that people will share their favorite "bug-out" location for WWIII. If you decide to get serious about this, plan on making a lot of personal trips. Unless you really check out a location, you will never know how good your choice really is.

There have been some amazing survival stories over the past century. when the A-Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a Japanese man named Eizo Nomura survived. He was only 170-meters from ground zero. OK, the bomb exploded in the air, but he was pretty much directly underneath it. He survived because he worked for a bank, and he happened to go down into the basement. Everything at ground level was fried. But Nomura lived until he was 84 years old.

There were also 8 German Jesuit priests in Hiroshima. They were 8 blocks away from the blast, and they were in a building, but NOT underground. These people survived, and they didn't have any radiation sickness either. I do not know the circumstances of what they were doing, or what kind of building they were in.

Needless to say, many other people died (gruesome). There was quite a lot of luck involved. But you can conclude that being UNDERGROUND in a very strong basement, surrounded by filing cabinets with lots of paper, is actually a positive choice. I think that the movie 'Dr Stangelove' pointed this out - but nobody took the movie lines seriously.

Have fun!
Pete

Edited by Pete (11/20/15 05:06 AM)