BIG THANKS on the Amanda Ripley work. No, I wasn't aware of it. But I will definitely check it out.

By the way - I just looked at the video replays of the attack by one of the terrorists on the Pizza Parlor in Paris. Actually, it looked as if all of the patrons (and store owners) behaved in a very sensible way. Everyone got down on the floor immediately when glass started shattering. The attacker fired a large number of bullets from an AK-47 into the storefront, but very few bullets hit people. He sprayed the place down. It did shatter a lot of glass. The people inside took cover on the floor and behind counters VERY quickly. A counter won't necessarily stop bullets, but it does keep you hidden. Several people used the opportunity when firing stopped (the attacker was reloading his weapon), to run upstairs, or downstairs to the basement. I thought that the reactions of the people inside the store were very sensible ... actually quite brave. A few people did help others to also reach safer locations inside the store.

Apparently the attacker did approach two women who are cowering on the ground. He was going to execute them, but his gun jammed. The two women ran away. Again - and excellent decision. It is worthwhile to remember that gunmen must reload their weapons (or change to a different weapon). That brief pause in time gives you the opportunity to run away, or to hit the attacker with something (for example ... a chair).

Pete

Pete

Edited by Pete (11/19/15 04:00 PM)