Originally Posted By: Blast
Let's keep this on ways to survive/escape such attacks...

Obviously, the best way to survive something like this is to avoid it in the first place. Easier said than done, certainly. But honestly, avoidance is part of my plan. When things start heating up in the world, I simply do not attend large crowded events. (Most of those I really didn't want to go to anyway, but the wife drags me there sometimes!)

I also make note of my surroundings as I enter an establishment. Where are the doors? Where are potential cover and concealment places? In restaurants, I sit at a table that is not the first one you run into when you enter the restaurant. If possible, a table near an escape route - into the kitchen possibly. And I always sit on the side of the table that offers the best overall view of what's happening in the restaurant.

I profile people. I am constantly on the lookout for people who potentially might want to do me harm. Yes, that means as I eye you over, I am evaluating all kinds of things about you. Which includes your demeanor, your apparent intelligence/shrewdness level, the things you are discussing, your manner of dress, your skin color, your friends, the kind of car you drove up in, your apparent religion. Yeah, all that "politically incorrect" stuff. But when my personal safety and that of my family is on the line, I don't care about political correctness. I treat everyone the same and without bias, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I will use every potential clue about you for my internal mental evaluation. Anyone who claims that they are so politically correct as to never do this is either an idiot, or a liar.

I always carry my cellphone. And I am always armed. If an establishment bans concealed carry, then I don't go into that establishment. Criminals and terrorists do not obey "no firearms allowed" signs. Some may even seek those places out. So best to avoid them IMHO. That's part of the plan.