Hi everyone,

Just thought I would tap into the well of experience and knowledge here at ETS.

I usually do a low cost, budget friendly gift for all the boys in my son's boy scout troop.

Two years ago it was a little fire kit. It contained some fat wood, char cloth, and jute twine.

Last year it was ranger beads. I really liked that one because the boys actually had to put it together so they were able to make it as much their own as their imagination allowed. I kind of got the feeling that some of the boys didn't really like it as much as I thought they would (I caught one of them swapping his unfinished project for one of the completed samples I placed at their tables for them to get an idea of what it might look like when completed). I guess because it wasn't an x-box or a new knife or some other insanely expensive gift they considered it to be lame.

I'd like to do something this year as well, so I am hoping for some awesome suggestions that are budget friendly as well as something fun for the boys to make as well. Maybe something useful they can use in their scout endeavors as well.

As always thanks in advance for your help.