For prepackaged individual first aid kits, Dark Angel has what I think are some of the best thought out pouches and kits.

Over time, tourniquets have change, but two have been on the top of just about every test out there; the CAT series and SOFTT series of tourniquets. Personally, I prefer the newest generation of the CAT tourniquets for slightly easier use and storage.

One thing to remember when buying either CAT or SOFTT is to be careful where you purchase them. There are a significant number of fake CAT and SOFTT on the market and they are of poor quality and regularly fail.

For high lumen LED flashlights, for years my Nitecore Smart PD D10 has been my go to EDC light. It runs off of a single AA and produces 130 Lumens in a solid/reliable package. Recently, I have been looking for a new EDC light that produces a higher output. I still haven't found one that is a true replacement for the Nitecore, and I have tried many but I am currently using an Eagletac D25C Clicky that is the closest I have come to meeting my requirements.

One of my favorite new survival products on the market, is also pretty simple. Battle Systems LLC. has produced a lightweight signal panel that accommodates a signal mirror on a velcro patch and folds up in a small, pocket sized package.