Tjin, you can't hurt someone with compressed gauze. You would have to try very hard to hurt someone with a triangular bandage or an Ace wrap. Everyone can carry these and apply pressure to stop bleeding or splint a break.

I am not sure what you are calling a trauma bandage. Yes there are some remade and designed for military and law enforcement use, primarily for gun shot wounds. I do not think it would hurt for anyone to carry these either.

Tourniquet training is easy, and they are not as dangerous as many people still believe. I would rather someone try to use a tourniquet to save my life than let me bleed out. I have applied them to myself many times in training with no ill effects. I have trained some of my scouts to use them, and they get to put them on me. Yes, if done properly it is painful, but you need to know how tight they need to be.

As for airway management, people need to learn the non-intrusive methods for helping keep the airway clear, at a minimum. A nasal pharyngeal tube is actually easy to use and does not take much training to learn. Yes, these are things generally taught only to EMS, but in military combat specialties it is a necessity, and is now widely taught.

I emphasize trauma kits because they can save your life. Bandaids can't stop even moderate bleeding. A small trauma kit with a tourniquet or 2, some compressed gauze (Quick Clot Gauze is good also, but training is needed), triangular bandages (1 or 2), and a couple of Ace wraps can do a lot. I include a nasal pharyngeal tube in mine, but not those for others.

Get trained, the life you save may be your own or that of someone you love.