First, is this a real scenario or hypothetical? If real, I strongly recommend you abandon the plan. If you don't already know the answer, then you probably do not have either the skills or understanding to be effective in whatever tasks motivate you to consider such a venture.

I travel a lot. Mostly in the Americas, but conversations with other travelers suggest similar circumstances to what I am about to describe.

No matter where you travel, there will be people. Many more people than you expect. If you stop anywhere, within minutes someone will be there to observe you. They live there, so everything necessary to support life is available. It may not taste good to you, or you may feel funny wearing it, but the basic needs will be there.

You need to bring things to help you obtain those necessary items. You can't bring two years worth of supplies. Seek advice of those that have traveled recently in the area. Find out how one acquires things. Cash usually works, but carrying two years of cash is a problem in itself. The solution here is not trivial. A functioning debit card for a in-county bank is one solution. I have found ATM's in very unlikely places. It is a funny world now-a-days. Very remote locations have internet access and in some secure place like a police station or community market, you will probably find an ATM.

Take a minimum of things you can obtain locally. Buy what you will need after you evaluate your situation.

I am fortunate in being to repair almost anything. I travel with a very small tool kit. Weighs about 1.5 lbs and contains a tool selection which has evolved over many years. It has become my primary “introduction to the community” item. I look for something to repair and fix it. Usually it is a simple but needed item . One or two visible projects and I can almost always become welcome in the community. And the more remote your location, the more important it is to become welcome in that community. Even if you are just passing through. Word travels faster than you do. The problem here is keeping the tools. In many places high quality tools are more valuable than gold.

You may not be skilled at repairs so try to find some skill that will help you contribute to the community.

Water is a problem. Many water sources contain things which do not affect the locals, but will put you in bed for days, or worse. I carry two small sawyer filters (active & spare) and use them...always. My favorite is a nalgene bottle with a sawyer filter inside. This allows me to fill from a source and not appear to be “scared” of the water. Every move you make will be intensely observed. Try to avoid making people think that their circumstances are sub-standard.

I have moved through many cultures and several countries. Even with experience, I find living at the community level (not in a gated “anglo” community) to be very difficult and stressful.

I would be interested in more detail about your venture.

Nomad.