Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

you need to see in the dark then a torch might be required. If you want to see quite a distance in the dark then a high Lumen torch is required with a large high drain cell such as a 26650 Lithium Ion Cell. Flashlights with powers exceeding 10W may allow you to see a few hundred yards and last around 2 hours.

I never really get why people need a huge amount of lumens. I do a lot of outdoor things and the most I need are: quick short term higher lumen output for navigation (100 - 200 lumen), a lower output to see in front of me and a even lower one for stationary things. Easily done with regular AA or AAA batteries. The only moments i need a higher lumen light is while MTBing or trailrunning in the dark.

Originally Posted By: RNewcomb

Beyond that, Solar (150w) in a fold up pack that can be mounted to a backpack that charges a "Battery Bank" while on the go would probably be my next choice.
Rod

150watts? Really that much? I don't think a average pack has enough surface area for 150watts of panels and how much battery banks do you want to carry? A panel big enough to supply the maximum amount of batterybank input most of the time is large enough. Maximum batery input for lithium batterybanks are generally only 2.1A.

Phone, (head)light and maybe a GPS. What else do you want to carry with you? The more you bring, the slower you are.