Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
Originally Posted By: JeffMc

I have to also wonder how all the schizophrenics, severe depressives, others with various medical conditions, and drug addicts, who require medication not to maintain their lives, but to sustain their ability to function effectively, might fare in a total collapse. Darwin can be a harsh master.

Obviously you are not completely familiar with Darwin but instead attempt to bend his theories to support your views which only serves to derail this interesting topic and thread.

You may want to read this thead.

I regret that you seem to have taken offense at my comments. I am at least passingly familiar with the main concepts of evolutionary biology, including Darwin's and later developments in that field.

However, in this case I was not making a formal biological science reference to Darwin, nor was I attempting to "bend his theories" to support my "views." Rather, I was merely referencing the popular culture's Darwin "meme" to the effect that not everyone survives. I thought that would have been apparent from the context, but perhaps it wasn't.

As for my "views," I am not sure what you think they may be, since what I wrote was a question, not a statement. Nor am I sure how a question pertaining to people with varying degrees or types of pharmacological dependence might fare in a total collapse is somehow off-topic or serves to "derail" this thread. But if it is or does, that was not my intent, and I apologize.

Lastly, I did read the thread you suggested, and particularly your comments therein. I believe my posts since returning to this forum have had an acceptable S/N ratio, are based on real-world experiences and training and not "fluff" or internet hearsay, and have been moderate and respectful in tone. But, ultimately, that's for others to judge.

Thank you for your comments.