Originally Posted By: Roarmeister
The tarps were part of their base kit provided by the producers that they didn't have to select giving the participants more choice in the kit selection.

They were each given 2 tarps. 1- 5x7 and 1 12x12. However as I noted and so did others on various forums and websites, at least one participant is seen with no less then 3 tarps. How/where he got that 3rd tarp/ plastic sheet which is seen in the first episodes - is the question.

Those villages are pretty darn small - probably no bigger than a dozen homes belonging to First Nations and may not even be used all year round. Quatsino has about 90 people; Winter Harbour 20 people.

Winter Harbour definitely has more then 20 people regardless of what Wikipedia states. Regardless if is 20 or 100 people, the fact of the matter is, having participants camped out a mile from the village while under the guise of being in the middle of nowhere, questions the integrity of the show.

Regardless the area is pretty remote. I don't think the area is used much by kayakers in the late fall but GE shows a large commercial fishing structure in the area and of course commercial logging in the area. The "park" is more of a tree preserve than an developed area and designated to protect old growth forest.

Another website mentioned the same but also brought up the fact that the area around there and park is fairly active with hunters and fishing even during the fall months. Also one of the resorts there explicitly state on their website that the road there is actively used by logging trucks every day.

Also did you notice that the location that Joe was placed in during the first episode does not match the location where he lost his ferro rod and called it quits. In the 2nd episode, there is a clear overhead shot of his area which does not have a beach. In fact, Joe clearly says in episode 2 that he "wished I had a beach" then said; "there is no beach." When he was extracted after quitting, his location clearly has a beach and it has been suggested that his location had been swapped with the departed Josh between episode one and episode two.

First attachment shows Joe's location with no beach. Next 3 attachments shows Joe's location with a beach. You be the judge...

All in all, there are enough discrepancies that I do not have faith in this show's intent and integrity.

Attachments
2015-08-04_00001.jpg (435 downloads)
2015-08-04_00002.jpg (344 downloads)
2015-08-04_00003.jpg (388 downloads)
2015-08-04_00004.jpg (410 downloads)

John Lubbock