Mark, sounds like a great plan. There is nothing like a canoe trip to take some time off and enjoy the outdoors.

Canoeing down an easy route close to civilization reduces a lot of potential risks, so I'm sure it will be a pleasant and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Having the extra equipment transported by road and staying at established campsites is another bonus.

In that sort of situation I would pack light and take only the essentials which you've covered pretty well already. Sometimes, less is more so I would probably omit the mini tarp and maybe some of the cooking equipment and/or eating utensils. For emergency purposes, a small stove and a very basic mess kit ought to be enough (however, if preparing a warm meal is part of the plan, disregard the above). However, I would add an extra paddle and a larger cutting tool (hatchet or machete) just in case.

Other than that, I suspect the biggest challenge will be looking out for the troop to make sure everyone is doing all right and that the physically weaker, less experienced individuals can keep up the pace without burning out. However, as a troop you already have those systems in place so it shouldn't be a problem.

Stay safe and have a great trip!