In the test I read (maybe 9 mos ago) the Cobra radios came out best. At the time, their MicroTalk 3 was top of the line. Better range than motorola.<br><br>When I went to buy some, I had to have them RIGHT NOW (indoors cabling project) and ended up with some Kenwoods. I just used them at Disneyland. Here's what I REALLY don't like:<br><br>No Ringer! It has only voice. So if the other guy has the volume turned down (may be accidental due to rubbing on clothes), that's it, you can't communicate.<br><br>So make certain the ones you get have ringers that work independent of the voice operation.<br><br>What I do like is the subchannel capability. Another poster said he couldn't find an open channel. I told the kids we were using Channel 12, subchannel 12. No prob at any time. Maybe the real cheapies don't have subchannels.<br><br>So get subchannels. <br><br>If you look at the motorolas, with all their different plastic housings, colors, etc, they seem like more of a marketing/consumer operation that I prefer.<br><br>Bob.