I have a suggestion for one specific feature to look for...<br><br>I have a cheap pair of Audiovox radios. They feature a pushbutton ONLY interface. This includes the power switch. There lies the problem. You have to hold the power switch for a second in order to turn the unit on. This means that some electronics are always powered in order to check that button press. This unit takes four AAA batteries. Even when the unit is turned off, it will drain it batteries in a matter of weeks.<br><br>I suggest that you get a model with a sturdy on/off mechanical switch (usually part of a rotary volume knob). Also, if you plan on using these things a bit, then look for a unit that used AA rather than AAA batteries. The AA batteries cost the same, but provide twice the power.<br><br>And these radios are so popular that they are close to useless in places like theme parks. I have used these radios at Disney World before, and you pick up sooo many other conversations that it is annoying. Some of the better units have "privacy codes" I do not have one of these models, but they should help when the channels are crowded. If you plan to do most of your talking in the woods, then the privacy codes are not necessary.