This is the main reason I had only 13 posts ALL LAST YEAR. The threads I visited mostly were commentary in nature...all fluff and no REAL content. Opinions, he said/she said stuff...I read the first post in a thread, and if I don't care, I move on.
Perhaps I've outgrown the site...hopefully not because I learned a lot in the first year or two after I joined. I haven't watched the news in 25 years, I haven't read a newspaper in 30 years, I'm not into social media AT ALL. What I've learned on this site I've actively searched for.
Is ETS still relevant..absolutely. I respect the mebers with thousands of posts...but I know I'll never be one of them. I don't even have 200 in six years! I'll quietly learn what I need to, and research stuff that is relevant to me and my family.
Thanks to all the old timers for being there and passing on your knowledge to everyone willing to take being prepared seriously. Not in a radical way, of couse, but in a responsible way that encourages everyone to grow and help look out for each other.