A few years ago, driving home from Fort Lauderdale on I-95, there was an overturned 18 wheeler cab on the left of the road in the median...on the other side of a guard rail. I saw the very aftermath of the accident, dirt flying and smoke. People were stopped and looking, and no one, NO ONE, got out of there cars. I was about ten cars behind by time I stopped. I put the car in park, ran about 50 yards to the cab, and tried to see if I could access anyone inside. I couldn't even see the driver, but I knew he was severely trapped. I'd say about twenty cars were around and still NO ONE got out to help, just me. THere was fuel all around, and my thoughts were not only trying to find the driver, but the fuel spill. About two minutes later a State Trooper pulled up and took control of the situation. I knew I couldn't really do anything further, this was way beyond me. I felt helpless, but I also felt disappointed that others didn't even get out of their cars to try to help. While I have no special training in this area, at least I did something, as I hope others would do for me if I had been in that cab. But I'm not too hopeful. I'm not trying to pass judgement, but if at all possible, I try to help. Have I passed situations in the past...yes. Do I think about my personal safety and have situational awareness...yes. I would not put myself or my loved ones in obvious danger, but trying to help is the right thing to do. A lot of people may think otherwise, but hopefully THEY won't be around if I need emergency assistance.