Originally Posted By: KenK
My family is having a rash of Duracell alkaline battery leakage lately - AAAs and AAs. Its happening with flashlight batteries used fairly often, headlamp batteries used fairly often, a radio (Ds) used very often, and even with batteries that are removed from remote controls and just sitting on a table (on a folded plastic bag to protect the table finish - luckily).

I've had to through out a nice Princeton Tec flahslight and a PT headlamp. I've rescued the radio and a few other devices - though they might fail over time due to the damage.

Just a quick note that Duracell will repair or replace a device that is damaged by a leaking battery:

http://www.duracell.com/en-us/guarantee

"Should any device be damaged due to a battery defect, we will repair or replace it at our option. Leaking battery and damaged device must be provided as proof of claim."

I have had them replace a number of fairly expensive flashlights in the not too distant past. These days I am using Kirkland brand AA and AAA batteries from Costco if I am not using Lithium cells, which is what I use for critical power sources.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com