With my Large Sebenza out for customization (WTC design on handles) I realized that after Chris Reeve buffs it out, my knife will most likely sit in the gun safe and I will take it out twice a year when I wear my tux and omega watch. So I wanted something for my EDC but it had to be as strong as Sebenza but better. I mean I like Sebenza but it just didn’t do it for me. So I looked around and for a while thought about custom Emerson but many people were very happy with their Microtechs. I looked at them but mostly they made automatic switchblades types which really were not what I was after. Automatic knives are illegal. Period. No way around it. How about having an automatic knife that works like regular one but with move of a secret part is a switchblade? Sounds good in theory but not so kosher in practice. Yes my friends I had the same doubts. One part had to suffer in order to make it work both ways. Not true. I ended up getting Microtech Terzuola knife. It works just like a regular knife. It has a decent sized thumb stub to flick it open and it locks solidly in place. Handles are right on the dot comfortable. Now the automatic part… When I got the knife I promised to use it for a day without the automatic deployment. Fun. It was like any other knife I had and with a solid heavy blade it was an easy opener. But I was really curious how the automatic part works. So without reading the manual I tried to open it but I couldn’t. It was just impossible. So finally after reading I found the switch. This part also works great. It deploys the blade with sure snap and locks it securely in place. It is priced about the same what Large Sebenza is so this is not a cheap knife. But this is also not a disposable knife. Like I said before it is an illegal knife in many places but it doesn’t look like one and unless you know this knife there is no way to activate the automatic function. I took a break this weekend and while camping out, kayaking, working on my water skills I used this blade as a regular manual knife. My friends were using it (again) and nobody even suspected it was automatic. At the end of the trip I need to cut of some lines and deployed the knife which brought some attention from few of my friends who after folding it still couldn’t find release mechanism. So if you looking for a change or a conversation EDC piece there you go.

Matt