thanks hikermor, good looking storage container, nice size but a tad pricey for something that's not airtight

Relative to that, I mentioned storing the sleeping bags loosely in large garbage bags (i.e. a sort of additional barrier and makeshift waterproofing) before putting them into one of those larger, non-air tight containers. Not sure if this will work, might not provide enough protection from moisture due to humidity or sweating inside the containers. Might even make it worse as the garbage bag might end up acting more as a vapor barrier so any moisture that might find it's way into the garbage bag won't be able to get out. Short term it might be fine, just don't want to store the lightweight bags in november, and pull them back out in march or april a soggy (or worse moldy) mess. Likewise storing the winter weight bags, I'm not sure our area has enough humidity to cause that kind of damage, but not wanting to take chances with it either if i can help it.

With that in mind tho, I wonder if I could go for something that's not air tight for the in season bags, and something that is air tight to store the out of season bags longer term?