Heeeeeeeeelp,

My side of the bed looks like the local sporting goods department exploded, with assorted packs, sleeping bags, and other gear laying about on the floor. Likewise, other areas of the house have become repositories for assorted scouting/camping/survival type gear. My wife is ready to lynch me (or at least, make me set up a permanent camp site in the back yard to store or otherwise get rid of all the gear). Any tips on gear storage in a home with limited storage space? Some gear, like tarps, chairs and tents are out in the garage, but I am reluctant to put other gear out there, such as packs and sleeping bags, as I'm not sure if the conditions of the garage will negatively affect the function of these items. That is, the garage is subjected to what I consider pretty extreme variations in temperature and humidity; we've had lows so far this winter at or below 0 degrees F, and expect highs in the summer in the 90 to 100 degrees F range.

So if I may ask, what does everyone here at ETS do to store your gear? What items need to be kept in temperature controlled environments (i.e. in the house) and what items can I place in the garage or attic? Can I expect the items I put in the garage or attic to hold up over time while being subjected to extremes of heat and cold and humidity? I am particularly wondering about items such as packs and sleeping bags. How can I create extra storage spaces in the home and/or garage that will be both inconspicuous and relatively easily accessible? I've considered and used everything from drawers to storage totes but wonder what everyone else uses? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. As always, thanks in advance for any help.