Cool beans.

I've had a SureFire U2 for close to 15 years now, IIRC, and it has never failed me. I splurged ($250 at the time?) on it back in the day, much to my DW's dismay but I have dropped it dozens of times on concrete, tile and asphalt and no problems.

I recently purchased a NiteCore SRT 5 (around $100) to replace carrying the U2 wanting a slightly smaller form factor for the pocket, the light itself has been good so far and I like the built-in Red LED. Also, it uses an 18650 (or 2 CR123s) which is generally against my keep things to one battery type guiding principle but sometimes we just want to try new items.

However, the clip kept popping off and the clip was finally lost within the first week of every-day use. I wrote to NiteCore asking for a replacement two months ago and no response.

So for the reliability of SureFire and another option for standard batteries I will certainly give them a long look when they become available.

Thanks for the head's up.

I have no interest in or affiliation to any of the products or services I may mention. Should I ever, I will clearly state so.