For a regular day, like going to the office?

<<<<< That's me a few winters ago, having a blast playing in the snow at -25C

Note: I have a thyroid condition that makes me sensitive to the cold, and I work in an unheated warehouse, which can get a might chilly, and I commute through rural areas to get to work. I love the winter, and would trade a +30C day for a -30C day anytime, but I also believe that "There's no such thing as bad weather, just poor choices in clothing." wink
-Thank you WoodsWalker from Zombie Squad for this quote!

I start by wearing lots of polyester and wool layers, including unders and bra, silk long john top and bottoms, a poly-wool blend long sleeved shirt, a fleece or wool sweater and a fleece jacket. Finish with thick merino wool socks and thin silk liner socks (if it's really cold,) buff (on head or neck), poly-wool blend balaclava (usually worn as a hat - olive on one side, flo orange on the other) winter gloves or mitts (either wool-fleece mom mitts or gloves with nylon on the outside and fleece on the inside, with micro-fleece liner, good down to about -39C, in my experience) synthetic weather-proof outer shell with hood, winter boots and sunglasses. (Usually my -30C insulated rubber boots, but sometimes my MEGA warm snowmobile boots if I expect to be less active.)

My pockets are stuffed with a small wallet, (with personal ID, bank card, cash and coins and a family photo) a tube of SPF lip balm, a cotton buff, an extra pair of liner gloves, and my keyring, which has a key fob with 3 days of meds, mini bic, ferro rod, small folding knife, LED, and whistle.

EDIT: And my iPhone 5. "I will not forget to charge my phone. I will not forget to charge my phone. I will not forget to charge my phone." LOL!

I always take a water with me, (small metal Kleen Kanteen bottle) and carry my EDC purse with me if I go somewhere to go shopping or for a short easy walk, or to carpool, etc. And if I'm off-roading or going on a roadtrip, I grab my day hike kit, which is also my GHB and goes with me on every drive and hike. That should keep me comfy for 2 or 3 days in the deep freeze. laugh

Edited by bacpacjac (01/27/15 03:13 AM)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA