Originally Posted By: haertig
p.s. - If you look at Leathermans watch face in the picture, you can see how they tried to make it streamlined and cool looking. See how the crystal appears to bulge outwards from the watch case? Cool looking, but horrible for real life. That crystal would be so scratched and chipped in practical use, with nothing to protect it. The better watches protect the crystal with the case, Leatherman appears to want to protect the case with the crystal, a non-workable and poor design choice.

According to their description, they will be using a sapphire crystal. Based on my experience, the watch should be plenty tough.

I'm pretty hard on watches. My watch faces always get marked up, and in the past few years I've broken 2 crystals. While my last purchase was a Bertucci which does protect the crystal with the case design, I also have a watch with a more standard design & a sapphire crystal which sees a lot of use and is still without blemish after years of use.

Based on this watch, I'm sold on the worth of the sapphire crystal (you do pay a premium for one).