Originally Posted By: EMPnotImplyNuclear

results of that gearward test are not too surprising , treating a sponge the same as a pencil, , you can't shake a sponge (tinder-quik) dry like a pencil (firecord)

compare to this video (esp how they're fluffed)

I dunno, he shook them both about the same and fluffed the TinderQuick about the same as the guy in the other video you posted. I suppose the TinderQuick would have done better had it been fluffed, dried for 5 minutes in the sun, and peppered with napalm but if you have to babysit a piece of tinder, maybe it's not the best choice for the job. Perhaps the fact that the TinderQuick acts like a sponge is not a good feature to have.

The TinderQuick in the other video definitely did better though.

In my testing a single TinderQuick tab burns for less time and with less intensity than a PJ ball made from a standard sized cotton ball. However to be fair, I think there is significantly more material (both cotton and wax/PJ) in the PJ ball, as its easily 2-3 times the size of the TinderQuick. When faced with having to use damp materials, I'd reach for the PJ ball first.

I'm glad you posted the Zombie Tinder, I'd not seen that before. Watching their videos, I think I'd actually prefer a PJ ball.