Got back into town on Monday. Finally caught up with everything that had to get done. The big storm didn't really have an effect on slope. We had a couple days last week of blizzard, and we went to phase 3 for a few hours (phase 3 means restricted travel). Not sure the two were related. It has been unseasonably warm up on slope and very little snow. Monday morning it was finally cooling off; down to -7 deg f.

Meanwhile, here in Anchorage, where's the snow? My daughter said it's not been this warm and dry here since 1976? We did get about 1/2 inch of snowfall today out on the east side of town. I keep telling the wife the snow will be here soon enough, and we will have to deal with it for months after that. But then I do not subscribe to the notion of global warming.

Tomorrow's turkey day, so it will be spent in the kitchen until 3:30, then the dining room until 4:30, then the living fighting the tryptophan nocturne while watching the Seahawks ruin thanksgiving for San Francisco, heh heh heh...

Time to buy up all the junk silver I can find in town. The silver market looks like it is about to burst, and the price won't be going back down. Scoop it up now, otherwise the Russians and the Chinese will have it all.

Next week is all about getting my archery set-up complete. I acquired a fine take down recurve bow while I was out of town (thanks to oldest daughter and wife stopping by Cabelas). So I need to get a few dozen arrows, some good broadheads, and various assorted accessories and tools. I signed up for the archery club up on slope and intend to take that recurve with me so I can spend my down time practicing and conditioning. A pretty good deal that they have an archery range for us. I wish they let us shoot guns up there too, but the bureaucracy will not support such an endeavor.

Gonna bake up half a dozen fruitcakes to take back with me next rotation. Looks like Christmas will be spent up on the slope. I am okay with that. My kids are grown and no grandbabies yet, so the wife and I will celebrate later when I get back in January.

Otherwise, I am networking with co-workers to arrange for some quality hunts. I missed every opportunity to go this year, and I'm not interested in repeating that. With all the time off I am up for, I think I can come up with some decent plans. Beef prices are jacked up. I guess my cattle down in Texas are paying off. I keep rolling that investment, so the herd keeps growing.

I'll keep posting while I'm in town. Up on slope I can't access the site without it costing me a boodle.