The article at NYC Races to Trace Ebola Patient's Steps concerns me a bit. He started feeling "sluggish" on Tuesday, but went to a bowling alley with friends on Wednesday night before being hospitalized Thursday with a 103F fever.

What concerns me is that this is a medical professional with experience treating Ebola patients and knowing the risks, he was out and about with friends in NYC. WTF?!!! How irresponsible...

OT:
IMO out of an "abundance of caution", it's time for mandatory supervised quarantine for all medical personnel returning from West Africa. It appears they do not have the discipline to self-isolate. A cost effective way to do this would be for CDC to lease a hotel near Atlanta (their HQ) and give all returning medical personnel a supervised 3 week vacation with free HBO and Showtime. That would be much more cost effective than chasing down every person they may have contacted after they test positive for Ebola.

Then again, maybe I'm over-reacting, after all, it's only NYC. wink

Edit: A NY Times article indicates his fever on Thursday was only 100.3F, not 103. Still, he was out and about in NYC, my comments above remain germane.

Edited by Russ (10/24/14 02:54 PM)