The NY Times has updated their What Are the Chances Ebola Will Spread in the United States? page. Lots of good info here.

I find it especially interesting that Nigeria appears to have contained ebola, at least at the moment.
Quote:
Although officials are pleased that success was achieved in a country of 177 million that is a major transport and business hub — and whose largest city, Lagos, has 21 million people — the lessons here are not easily applicable to the countries at the epicenter: Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Public health officials in those countries remain overwhelmed by the scale of the outbreak and are desperate for additional international assistance.
-----------------snip------------
After the first patient — a dying Liberian-American — flew into Lagos on July 20, Ebola spread to 20 other people there and in a smaller city, Port Harcourt.

They have all now died or recovered, and the cure rate — 60 percent — was unusually high for an African outbreak.

Meanwhile, local health workers paid 18,500 face-to-face visits to repeatedly take the temperatures of nearly 900 people who had contact with them. The last confirmed case was detected on Aug. 31, and virtually all contacts have passed the 21-day incubation period without falling ill.
If Nigeria can prevent the epidemic from spreading to that country, I am somewhat optimistic that the US and Canada can also manage to contain those ebola cases who enter the country.