One thing that Martin alluded to in another thread was this:

Quote:

The Ebola situation is starting to spin out a huge amount of media that is surrounding actual information. Some of the information is good, some is irrelevant and some is just plain wrong.

Let us all rely on one another to find, assess, filter, and prioritize factual information in a logical and emotionless way.

For example, if you hear or see someone say, "The CDC says..." - you need to find and cite the link with the information from CDC.gov - not a news report that says "the CDC says" - the CDC itself. Same goes for ANY "official sources" - find and cite the originator, not the media's version of the information.

I am firmly in Martin's camp on this. Like all major news events, the reporting in the media ranges from slightly incorrect to damningly wrong and the current Ebola reporting is certainly no exception. It remains to be seen when after this current outbreak is over, what was real factual reporting and what was poorly researched reporting hastily presented in the all important (and self serving) readership race.

here are some much better sources of info:

WHO Sitrep Reports and the CDC updates.

That all said, Ebola is not even on my radar as threat to me, My DW or family. After all, statistically speaking, we have a much better chance of dying during the typical yearly Influenza season.

John Lubbock