The following comment has nothing to do with the ownership of this forum!!

When at home or at work I carry my EDC knife in my pocket.

When living outdoors I carry my two favorite knifes - one in pocket and the other in a smallish "survival" gear daypack that goes with me everywhere. I've just never liked the feel of a fixed blade on my belt.

EDC Pocket: Mini Ritter RSK Mk1 (original)
Pocket: fullsize Ritter RSK Mk1 (original)
Daypack: Ritter RSK Mk3

My second favorite fixed blade is the RSK Mk2, but it is a tad too big for my personal preference on a general camp knife. I have a Becker BK10 Crewman from years back, but it was way too heavy. The Mk2 is like a right-sized BK10 to me. Still, the Mk3 is just the right combination of blade size and shape for all round camp use.

If I was forced to do a survival show (sigh) then I'd be bringing my Mk2 for sure.

The daypack also usually has either a Leatherman Micra (if keeping weight down) or a Leatherman Wave (if weight is less an issue). I almost NEVER need the tools on the Wave - the scissors and pliers are the most used tools. The pliers are most used for cooking - handling hot pots, so the LM Micra plus thickish leather gloves are becoming more the norm lately. I found my hands would get surprisingly beat up when gathering/cutting wood - thus the gloves. I'd rather have non-leather so it would dry faster but haven't found anything I like.

I should mention that I'm not a knife only person. I grew up as a Boy Scout so I learned outdoor living involves a knife, a saw, and an axe (sized to meet portability and weight needs - the axe doesn't go backpacking).

I stow stainless Mora knives (4+" blade) in my truck and several places in my house. They made great kitchen knives back when we had a camper trailer.