Excellent!

I can personally confirm most, if not all. A couple of random comments:

Carry on bags: You carry it, so you will be careful, so why do you need a hard side bag with wheels that starts off heavy, and is expensive to boot? I started using a nylon gym bag of the right carry on size (approximately) for my carry on. Light, cheap, and flexible so it will fit into various odd sized spaces.

Charger & Flashlight: Somewhere in our threads a while back someone recommended a cheap 4 AA battery USB charger which also has an led flashlight. AA batteries are available everywhere and cheap.

yes yes on the packable Nylon rain shell! Wear or carry a sweater and you are ready for (almost) anything.

"pretty much everything runs "global voltages"" It is the "pretty much" that will bite you. I needed a spare USB wall charger for my phone and went shopping before I left (carried 1 and 1 spare). Low and behold some of the secondary market chargers here were "110" only. Be sure (check) and also, make sure it will handle 1 amp; some on sale were much lower. They will work, but take longer to charge.

Mobile phone: I purposely got a GSM phone so I could swap sim cards. Only T-Mobile and ATT offer GSM phones and service in the US. Overseas, Sim card, 1 month service and 1 gig data was less then 10 bucks. The phone needs to be unlocked: check your carrier's unlock policy well before you go.

Cash Overseas: I've had US bills rejected because they were too old, marked up and/or worn. Take new and clean bills (100's and 20's).

I would add taking a supply of the packs of individually wrapped hand sanitizing towels. Aside from all the obvious uses, they don't have to go in the Quart bag like liquid hand sanitizer does and can be stashed all over in different pockets.

Has anyone thought about bringing a couple of those ear loop medical masks, just in case? I don't think I would recommend trying to wear one while going through security or passport control though. . .