Quote:
Ebola outbreaks tend to subside on their own, and not because of human intervention, unfortunately.

I would tend to treat the Ebola Outbreak as potentially the equivalent to the medieval Black Death. There is lots of information on how the Black Death spread and its effects.
The current Ebola out break appears to have an incubation time of around 3-6 weeks and the rate of eventual death is around 70% with an airborne vector. If isolation from the vector is a means of protection or survival from the Ebola virus then this would probably require 6 months to a year in a very isolated region of the world.
I would begin to look into the kit and stores requirements of early Antarctic expeditions for your preps. Then find a really inhospitable location (mountainous and sub arctic regions) where the unprepared would have difficulty surviving for a few days.

It may also prove difficult escaping quarantined areas such as high density populations. EOs have apparently already been signed where those with the Ebola infection can be disappeared.

The US military in these West African Countries are not there for Medical needs but for Security requirements as the secondary effects of the Ebola virus take hold in the break down of civil law and order, where the local security forces may begin to refuse to carry out the required public order shootings. i.e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwKSJQI3tco